OCN NI Level 1 Award in Barista Skills and Counter Service
The increasing number of establishments serving quality coffee and other beverages has led to the requirement for skills in this area. The OCN NI Level 1 Award in Barista Skills and Counter Service qualification has been designed to provide the learner with an introduction to counter service and barista skills.
The objectives of the qualification are to enable learners to:
- be aware of the features and duties for beverage counter service
- be able to serve beverages effectively and safely
- be able to use a commercial espresso machine
- be able to prepare and serve food and/or beverages
- be able to use an organisation’s food and beverage ordering system and process payments for beverages and other items