OCN NI Level 2 Award in Food and Nutrition for Children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
The OCN NI Level 2 Award in Food and Nutrition for Children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) has been designed to enable the learner to gain a knowledge of healthy eating and food preparation for children with autistic spectrum disorder.
The objectives of the qualification are to enable learners to:
- understand healthy eating principles for children
- understand the main food nutrients, use of dietary interventions, selective eating, food avoidance and their effects on the health and development of children with ASD
- understand how the digestive system functions and potential effects of unbalanced diet, intolerances, imbalances and disturbances on children with ASD
- be aware of nutrition related issues associated with food preparation and serving for children with ASD
- be able to plan a healthy, budget friendly menu for children with ASD