OCN NI Level 2 Award in Introduction to Learning through Forest Schools
The OCN NI Level 2 Award in Introduction to Learning through Forest Schools has been designed to enable the learner to gain a knowledge of the application of the Forest School approach to children’s learning and development.
The objectives of the qualification are to enable learners to understand:
- the principles underpinning Forest Schools
- the holistic approach to learning through a Forest School environment
- the role of risk taking and skills development for children
- the role of using a person centred approach to promoting a sense of community within children
- how to carry out activities that promote children’s learning through Forest Schools