OCN NI has a wide range of vocational and technical qualifications available to offer in schools through the Entitlement Framework. We appreciate when it comes to offering an alternative to GCSEs/A-Levels it is important to schools that standards are maintained, ensuring the best opportunities for each pupil.
The qualifications listed below are on the entitlement framework and are currently being delivered by a number of schools across Northern Ireland. The Level 2 Certificates are equivalent to a Grade B at GCSE. The Level 3 Diplomas are equivalent to a Grade A-C at A-Level.
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Personal Success and Wellbeing
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate & Diploma in Vocational Skills
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Information Technology Applications
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Craft
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Religious Studies
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Applied Science
- OCN NI Level 2 Extended Certificate in Applied Science
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Creative Arts and Digital Technologies
- OCN NI Level 3 Diploma in Creative Arts and Digital Technologies
- OCN NI Level 3 Diploma in Information Technology Applications
- NOCN Level 2 Certificate in Developing Skills for Employment
OCN NI offers training for staff who are new to assessment and/or internal verification and provide ongoing support and guidance throughout the delivery of any of above qualifications.
Richard Massey, Vice Principal at Breda Academy says that “OCN NI courses have provided our school with the capacity to meet the requirements of the Entitlement Framework with courses that are well designed, appropriately focused and highly engaging for our young people. The structure of these programmes have enhanced opportunities for my staff to use a wide range of teaching methodologies and strategies. OCN NI offers outstanding training and support to our school ensuring that standards are maintained and that teachers are given immediate support when required”.
Nendrum College has been delivering the OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Personal Success and Well Being. Julie Taggart (Principal) explained how “this qualification has allowed us to enrich our curriculum offer to our students. Not only is the course content relevant, it is challenging and engaging for both teachers and students”.
To register your schools interest in offering OCN NI qualifications, click here.