OCN NI has a wide range of vocational and technical qualifications available to offer in schools through the Entitlement Framework. We appreciate when it comes to offering an alternative to GCSEs/A-Levels it is important to schools that standards are maintained, ensuring the best opportunities for each pupil.
The qualifications listed below are on the entitlement framework and are currently being delivered by a number of schools across Northern Ireland. The Level 2 Certificates are equivalent to a Grade B at GCSE. The Level 3 Diplomas are equivalent to a Grade A-C at A-Level. Whilst these qualifications can be counted as part of a school’s GCSE/GCE or equivalent performance measure, it is up to the individual further/higher education establishment or employer to decide whether to accept as a GCSE/GCE equivalent.
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Personal Success and Wellbeing
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate & Diploma in Vocational Skills
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Information Technology Applications
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Craft
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Religious Studies
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Applied Science
- OCN NI Level 2 Extended Certificate in Applied Science
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Creative Arts and Digital Technologies
- OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Sport
- OCN NI Level 2 Extended Certificate in Sport
- OCN NI Level 3 Diploma in Creative Arts and Digital Technologies
- OCN NI Level 3 Diploma in Information Technology Applications
- NOCN Level 2 Certificate in Developing Skills for Employment
OCN NI offers training for staff who are new to assessment and/or internal verification and provide ongoing support and guidance throughout the delivery of any of above qualifications.
Listen to what some of the schools we work with have to say about working with us below.
To register your schools interest in offering OCN NI qualifications, click here.